02 DRIVERS – Yaoundé
Yaoundé, Centre, Cameroon·
30 Jun. 2022·
Temporaire / CDD·
Transport - Logistique·
Solidarités International is recruiting:
Two (02) Drivers
Solidarités International is a French humanitarian organization present in Cameroon since July 2014. Since 2014, the mission has been carrying out several emergency and post-emergency programs in the East and Far North regions. After a first base opened in Garoua Boulaï in 2014 to respond to the Central African crisis and the massive influx of CAR refugees in the region, then in Makary in early 2017 to respond to the crisis in the Lake Chad basin, SI opened in October 2017 a base in Mokolo, then Maroua in order to meet the basic needs of vulnerable populations in the border areas of the Mayo Tsanaga department. Thus in Cameroon, Solidarités International intervenes in the areas of Water, Hygiene and Sanitation (WASH) and Food Security and Livelihoods (SAME).
He carries out all the trips requested in accordance with the established schedule.
• Take care of the vehicle, its equipment and the passengers
• Participate in the basic maintenance of the vehicle, carry out routine checks and upkeep of the vehicle according to the established procedure and immediately notify any malfunction to their line manager
• Keep the vehicle in good clean conditions
• Fill in the log-book and follow-up documents
• Supervise and participate in the loading and unloading of the vehicle as well as the arrangement and security of packages in their vehicle
• Respect the highway code, speed limits and distances safety devices and adjust their speed to the road conditions
• Respect and enforce the wearing of seat belts, helmets or lifejackets for themselves and their passengers
• Ensure the presence of visibility equipment
• Respect the established procedure in the event of an accident
• Check the presence and validity of the vehicle papers, the on-board lot, the safety equipment and the proper functioning of the communication equipment before each departure
• Notify the base of any movement by radio and stay tuned to HF and VHF radios
• Remain present and available in the immediate vicinity of the vehicle
• Ensure the possibility of returning before nightfall
• Park the vehicle in an appropriate area in “ready to go position”
Experience: having a good knowledge of the city of Yaoundé, having at least 02 years of proven experience as a driver with an NGO will be highly appreciated.
Languages: good knowledge of the French language, knowledge of English is an asset
Required qualities: good communicator, clean, autonomy, independence, initiative, flexibility
» Années d'expérience: Entre 2 an et 3 ans
» Niveau Académique Minimum: CAP / BEPC, ...
» Photocopie of diplomas
» Photocopie of certificates
» Valid national identity card
» Work certificates
» Curriculum Vitae
Preselected candidates on file will be contacted by email and/or telephone to take a technical test.
The feminine candidacies are deeply encouraged.