Product Owner / Business Analyst – Douala
Douala, Littoral, Cameroon·
25 Aug. 2022·
Informatique - Electronique - Numérique·
In addition to this, you will be required to prioritize and assess work for our technical team, this will include gathering feature requests as well as scheduling releases and coordinating sprints.
Creativity, reliable problem-solving with a sharp eye for identifying user needs and working across team-boundaries are critical ingredients you shall need to be able to manage product releases.
We’re looking for someone who is energetic, persistent and resilient; who likes tackling problems and has a passion for shaping the future and positioning our products as the leader within our fintech space.
Your main duties and responsibilities for this role include:
- Develop and implement product strategies consistent with company vision
- Collect and analyze feedback from customers, stakeholders and other teams to shape requirements, features and end products
- Work with senior management to create product plans and roadmaps
- Communicate and collaborate with all internal and external stakeholders
- Lead product managers and coordinate cross-functional teams
- Produce and review product requirements documents (PRD)
- Ensure products and releases are launched correctly and on schedule
- Make creative recommendations to expand product base and vision
- Suggest ways to track product use and impact on end users
- Incorporate feature requests into product roadmap
- Groom and prioritize backlog
- Develop user stories and define acceptance criteria
- Set sprint goals
- Write acceptance tests
- Plan releases and upgrades
- Determine, Project and Analyse commercial viability of the product.
- Continuous improvement in the product to ensure adoption by new users and increase the stickiness of the product.
- Follow progress of work and address production issues during sprints
- Analyze preferences and requests of end users
MUST: Excellent command of English & French Language: Reading, Writing, Speaking
- You have at least 5+ years of experience in a comparable role in a fast-growing/scale-up environment where you have worked on a variety of projects. Ideally in a role within our industry
- Proven experience as a Product Owner or similar role in the fintech or startup space
- A track record of success in financial technology or a related technology start-up
- Have built APIs, products, and complex systems at scale
- Top-tier technical acumen, curiosity, and familiarity with new technologies, APIs, Developer Experiences and database
- Hands-on experience managing all stages of the product lifecycle
- Background in software development and program management is preferred
- Familiarity with Agile framework (like SCRUM)
- Exceptional organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills to ensure you are able to work with cross functional teams to achieve results.
- Strong problem-solving aptitude and creative thinking skills
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Nice to have:
- Technical background with knowledge of software development and web technologies is a plus
- Strong knowledge of customer payments and data needs