Senior Business Software Developer/Engineer (PHP) – Douala
Douala, Littoral, Cameroon·
22 Aug. 2022·
Informatique - Electronique - Numérique·
You will develop well designed and tested code to solve various business problems for our line of business applications in the payment and fintech sector, while upholding our high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits.
You shall participate in code and peer-reviews of solution designs and related code as well as in the package and support deployment of releases to pre-production and test environments
We’re looking for someone who is energetic and creative; who is persistent and resilient; who likes tackling problems and has a passion for shaping the future and positioning our brand as a thought leader in the B2B space.
We are NOT looking for a website, CMS or Wordpress developer!
- Building reusable microservices, components and libraries for future use
- Translating architectures and designs into high quality code
- Ensuring quality by implementing automated quality assurances measures
- Diagnose and fix bugs and performance bottlenecks
- Leverage and build APIs for multi service integrations
- Reach out to the open source community to encourage and help implement mission-critical software fixes
- Maintain code and write automated tests to ensure the product is of the highest quality.
- Be involved in the entire life cycle of various projects including requirements gathering, architecture, design & coding, testing support, infrastructure estimation & deployment.
- Use agile methodologies to plan and track work.
- Implement automated code-based quality assurances in our projects to support our Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment pipeline
- You have at least 5+ years of experience in a comparable role in a fast-growing/scale-up environment where you have worked on a variety of projects. Ideally in a role within our industry
- Proven track record of successfully developing and maintaining line of business applications (LOB) using the PHP programming language
- You have fundamental understanding of the differences of building a website and business application
- A documented track record for building REST APIs
- Strong Object Oriented Programming skills in general and experience with software design
- Experience building PHP database-driven backend applications using framework like Symfony, Phalcon, Laravel, Zend or similar
- Expertise in working with RESTful (JSON) API services/ JSON Web Token
- Experience working in a test-driven environment and automated testing suites like PHPUnit/Codeception
- Knowledge of building and deploying applications as containers using Docker
- Experience working with CI environments like Jenkins
- Working knowledge of Linux Server Administration
- Ability to write well-documented, clean PHP code
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and you’re not afraid to be “hands-on” to get it done.
- You have a passion for learning, innovation and finding new efficiencies.
- You are of the M-Shaped Type with deep as well as broad knowledge and experience in multiple areas
- You have strong organizational skills and attention to detail and can balance multiple demands and competing and changing priorities.
- You are proactive and you take ownership.
- You are comfortable with collaboration tools and technology
- Experience in React, GO and JAVA are an advantage (nice to have)
» Années d'expérience: Entre 5 ans et 8 ans