The Treasury Accountant will provide support to the Finance Manager to ensure financial transactions, accurate and complete recording of bank and petty cash transactions, reporting (IFRS and GAAP), tax and other statutory treasury compliance, advise on local banking issues and needs to ensure ongoing transformation of finance unit. Responsibilities will include general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, financial reporting, local GAAP and cost Management.
▪ Ensure the efficient management of the company’s bank accounts
▪ Maintain and manage all financial records, logs, spreadsheets, and registers
▪ Maintain effective relationships with the company’s banks
▪ Works with auditors on interim and annual audits and maintains requested schedules; responds to audit inquiries timely. Assist in the provision of financial analysis and preparation of annual budgets, forecasts, and projections.
▪ Be aware of the Foreign Exchange Regulation and the following Instructions implemented by the Central Bank (BEAC)
▪ Perform monthly bank reconciliations against the General Ledger and clears all outstanding differences within record time (one month)
▪ Maintaining the cash flow forecasts across all bank accounts
▪ Register treasury operations in ERP timeously
▪ Monitoring daily activity through the ERP system and various banking portals and investigating differences to expectations
▪ Follows up and monitors all bank transactions timely payments to suppliers, customer payments, tax and custom duties payments, dividends etc
▪ Implement effective Treasury controls in line with group and local policies and ensure all group and local treasury processes are implemented locally
▪ Maintain log of all petty cash transactions and perform weekly/monthly reconciliations and cash count with sign off of Finance Manager
▪ Other duties as assigned by the Finance Manager