Associate Manager, Finance – Yaoundé
Yaoundé, Centre, Cameroon·
Banking - Finance·
- Private Health Insurance
- Pension and retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Training Development opportunities
- Flexible working conditions
- Gratuity Paid
- Team Management - 20% of role
- Provide leadership, management, and guidance on the Cameroun’s Finance functions.
- Will regularly communicate with program, country, and regional leads to identify capacity needs and oversee Finance function.
- Responsible for developing/refining and regularly reporting on Key Performance Indicators and Metrics to management concerning the teams’ operations and capacity/gaps.
- Represent Finance team in various program meetings.
- Deputize for Senior Manager, Finance & Accounts, WCA when required.
- Accounting: 60% of role
- Overall overseer of the Finance activities in Cameroun.
- Oversee accurate maintenance of the accounting system by ensuring accurate entries are done and charged to the correct donor.
- Checking the procurement processes and documentations and ensuring compliance
- Prepare payroll seeking approval by the 22nd of every month and ensure staff are paid by 27th of Every Month and ensure Timesheet Allocation report on staff costs are billed.
- Review monthly schedules, GL reconciliations and ensure the timely monthly close.
- Asset and inventory management. Ensuring periodic audit and constant updates.
- Present an approved cash forecast/projection for the month by or before the 22nd of every month.
- Support and spearhead the country’s statutory audit exercise.
- Support the Senior Manager, Finance & Accounts, WCA on discharging accounting responsibility when required
- Perform auditing of activities, including reconciling cash, verifying invoices, and reviewing bank statement
- Ensuring all taxes and legal requirements are accurately and timely tracked monthly to ensure compliance.
- Ensuring all other tax related issues and tax related payments are properly tracked and timely submission to legal authorities is done on or before the deadline.
- Review for compliance with donor and organizational policies/guidelines on all payments.
- Provide financial and compliance guideline/refresher training to program staff.
- Capacity building of Finance and non- Finance staff on compliance in relation to accounting principles and Organizations financial policies
- Budgeting, disbursements and accountability: 20% of role
- Participate in program meetings and contribute budget implications of proposed implementation decisions.
- Continuous and effective budget tracking Ensuring proper budget utilization, proper cost allocations communication with program team, full accountability of funds.
- Develop financial accountability documents for all budgeted program activities.
- 5 years’ relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or any other related field.
- Professional certification in ACCA or CPA, IFAC
- Membership of ONECCA
- Bilingual: Strong oral and written communication skills in French and English;
- Audit management experience in donor funded programs
Preferred Qualifications include:
- Higher education (Master’s Degree in relevant field
- Professional Certification
- Management experience (Experience leading a team)
- International Development experience (Experience working for a non-profit)