Real Estate and Administrative Services Coordinator – Douala
Douala, Littoral, Cameroon·
The Real Estate and Administrative Services Coordinator leads all activities related to Real Estates leases, Insurance Portfolio Administration, and non-technical office services. The resource will oversee the administrative deliverables on accommodation, office consumables, insurance, and other projects in his/her portfolio. Summary report will be given every semester on stocks of office consumables and accommodation. He/She is a technical reference for all Real Estate activities and projects. Should be able to evaluate and write Scope of work for projects in English and follow up their execution. Should be able to understand insurance administration on contract lease, Real Estate administration and other non-technical office services to be carried out. Should be safety conscious. Will carry out management and administrative services on the real estate portfolio of the company.
Insurance Portfolio Administration
- Identify and assess all risks related to the onshore assets of the Company to be managed through insurance policies.
- Administer all Property, Casualty and Public liability insurance of the Company. This includes but not limited to providing inputs for the coordination of the Insurance portfolio as follows:
- Third Party Liability – Public liability insurance
- Third Party Liability – Sport and cultural events insurance
- Third Party Liability – Director & Officer
- Global Damage insurance
- House Multi-Risk insurance
- Cars insurance
- Employees Cars
- Coordinate the renewal of insurance policies.
- Analyse the provisions of the insurance contracts considering the guarantees, deductibles, and agreements.
- Ensure that claim files are duly submitted within the legal timeframe.
- Follow-up claim files with brokers and insurance company until settlement.
- Ensure insurance invoices are properly checked in line with contractual terms and paidtimely.
- Develop annual budget proposals for Insurance contracts.
- Initiate short/mid/long-term real estate strategy with a view to optimising rental cost.
- Develop annual budget proposals for leased properties.
- Prepare lease contracts and subsequent amendments.
- Ensure lease contracts/amendments are registered with Taxation office.
- Ensure lease contract are renewed or released within the legal timeframe.
- Follow-up recovery of rental receivables.
- Process on due time all rent invoices.
- Interface with landlords and real estate agents.
- Responsible for office service delivery including but not limited to offices stationeries,
- Hygiene and toilets consumables, provision of drinking water, coffee, breakfast products.
- Manage contractors, as contract holders, in line with Company’s Contractor
- Management Guidelines; this includes pre-qualifying contractors, reviewing contractors’ competence assurance plans, developing KPI’s to assess contractors’ performance and provide input on contract terms and conditions upon renewal.
- Ensure contractor invoices are properly checked in line with contractual terms.
- Ensure accommodation services are properly delivered to company guest house andexpatriate accommodation.
- Participate in all HSSE intervention schemes (STOP Card, Incident reporting, site visits) and awareness sessions (HSSE Meetings, events, and trainings) to maintain and improve Company HSSE culture and performance.
- Understand the emergency procedure and the related requirements.
- Lead as role model to improve HSSE engagement within direct team, section, and department.
- Management of supplies and lease contracts (as Contract Holder) including the above-mentioned principal responsibilities as per Company Contract management principles.
- Meet all services, budget, schedule, and quality requirements for services activities.
- Ensure compliance to insurance policies.
- Survey insurance market (every three years) to ensure prices paid remain competitive.
- Ensure good management of lease contract and related legal terms and conditions.
- Utilize resources from both within and outside own department
- A diploma or any certification in Management, Administration, Insurance or in any equivalent business or technical disciplines.
- At least 8 years working experience in any of the fields above.
- Demonstrate good knowledge of local and regional legal insurance framework.
- Demonstrate good capacities in general administration including the management on lease contracts.
- Demonstrate individual effectiveness.
- Be customer focused.
- Working proficiency in French and English is required with efficiency in English as anedge
- Excellent written communications and presentational skills.
- Strong analytical skills and safety conscious.
- Interest in developing leadership skills and assuming more responsibility.
» Years of work experience: Between 8 years and 11 years