Area Manager – Maroua
Maroua, Extreme North (Extreme-Nord), Cameroon·
05 Oct. 2021·
Temporaire / CDD·
Chef de mission humanitaire
NRC has been operational in Cameroon since 2017, and currently has five field offices; Maroua and Kousseri in the Far North; Buea in the South-west; Bamenda in the North-west and Batouri in the East. NRC maintains a coordination office in Yaounde.
- Line management for senior project staff and support functions in the area.
- Member of the Country Management Group (CMG).
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures.
- Provide area specific input on Core Competence strategies, Country Strategy and Plan of Action.
- Organize grants opening, review and closure meetings at area level.
- Implementation of projects (including master support budget and coordinating input for donor proposals and reports) in the area, in compliance with contractual commitments (i.e. quality, synergies, timeliness, use of resources).
- Contribute to planning and implementation of needs assessments including of protection risks and needs, develop emergency response and implement response plans.
- Ensure optimal use of resources within the allocated project budgets and CC strategies.
- Represent NRC and networking at area office level.
- Ensure overall security and safety of staff in the area, including completing security risk assessments.
- Overall responsibility of managing all NRC activities in the Area office and sub-office
- Responsible for area specific master support budget (shared resource allocation),
- Accountable for maintaining financial overview and ensure financial reporting is conducted (support & project)
- Responsible for access negotiation for both NRC staff and local partner staff to ensure timely aid delivery
- Spearhead the strategy design at the field level, implementation and monitoring of the same.
- Oversee assessments for new areas of operation, outline possible areas of intervention, and develop program strategy for implementation
- Support the development of concept notes, project proposals, and budget development for scale-up of NRC activities in the Area
- In conjunction with Country Office, liaise with donors on new funding and operational areas of programming
- Liaise regularly with local authorities, donors and humanitarian actors in the area of operations;
- Provide regular inputs into advocacy initiatives
- Ensure capacity building initiatives are in place and that staff receive the necessary training
- Ensure work and development plans are completed by all staff members in the area of operations and performance feedback sessions are conducted on a minimum of quarterly basis
- Ensure NRC’s data collection systems are in place and information is properly stored and analyze
- Minimum 3 years of experience from working as a Senior Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in French and English, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of Central Africa (Cameroon will be an added value) is an asset.
- Experience with scaling up of humanitarian programs in strictly controlled context is an asset.
- Experience in humanitarian programs in international sanctions context is an asset.
- Detailed oriented and strong organizational skills. Demonstrated knowledge of protection mainstreaming and Accountability to Affected Populations
- Demonstrated experience in representation and advocacy
- Strategic thinking
- Handling insecure environments
- Empowering and building trust
- Managing performance and development
- Managing resources to optimize results
» Années d'expérience: Entre 3 ans et 5 ans