Administrative & Finance Associate – Buea
Buea, Southwest (Sud-Ouest)., Cameroon·
26 Apr. 2022·
Secrétaire - Assistant(e)·
Assistant(e) Administratif (ve)
- Budget and Planning Support
- Assist in consolidating cost estimates for services, equipment, and supplies for annual work planning and budget preparation purposes.
- In collaboration with the Project Assistant for the Section, support the Section’s annual/quarterly work plans including consultants and supply plans
- Financial Management
- Support and update the Section’s staff on administrative and financial policies, procedures rules, and regulations.
- Implement the appropriate application and interpretation of such guidelines.
- Assist in the effective management and monitoring of the Section’s budget in close coordination with the Operations Officer and the Operations Manager.
- Submit periodic financial status reports for management oversight, monitoring, and review. Confirm availability of funds as required.
- Monitor and advise authorizing officers on the financial status of projects and potential over-expenditures and recommend possibilities for reallocation to ensure the optimum use of available funds.
- Support processing of requisitions and contracts for the procurement of goods and services (individual consultants and corporate contractors through the blended approach by internal and organizational procedures).
- Ensure that periodic closure of account activities are undertaken and completed by the Organizational procedures and standards. Responsible for closing year-end accounts such as accounts receivable, accounts payable, prepayments, leave balances, etc. according to internal, DFAM, and GSSC deadlines.
- Provide relevant information in response to audit queries when required.
- Administrative Management
- Verify consultant timesheet and invoices, and goods receipts. Act as the Local Focal Point (LFP) for FI and MDM for the assigned Section and as required back up other Sections’ LFP. Submit relevant documents to the GSSC and ensure completion of transactions according to KPIs.
- Assist staff and consultants when applicable about official travel arrangements and entitlements according to the organization’s rules and policies.
- Act as the Section Asset Focal Point responsible to ensure completeness and accuracy of the IT asset portfolio assigned to the Section. Key focal point during the annual asset verification process.
- Assist in space and equipment allocation for staff and consultants. Provide onboarding/offboarding support to staff, consultants, and other HR resources.
- Support meetings and conferences logistics, reserving meeting location/conference rooms Responsible for completeness and accuracy of systems of record related to the Section including and not limited to assets, financial records, Staff and Consultant (individual and third party) directories, office space allocation, etc.
- Liaise with the ICTD HR Team to provide administrative support for the recruitment, onboarding, and contract maintenance of consultants and staff members
- Act as attendance focal point and monitor attendance records for the Section.
- During absences and annual leaves back up Project Assistant in the same Section, and other Section’s Administrative and Finance Assistant as per schedules agreed with the supervisor
The efficiency and effectiveness of support provided by the admin and finance associate ensure that a strong administrative platform is provided to the respective sections, which in turn affects the timely and accurate completion of the services provided by technical advisors and specialists in the team
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary education is required, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
- A minimum of 6 years of progressively responsible administrative or clerical work experience is required. asset.
- Fluency in English and French is required.
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA).
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
The UNICEF competencies required for this post are...
Core Competencies (For Staff without Supervisory Responsibilities) *
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (1)
- Works Collaboratively with others (1)
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (1)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (1)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (1)
- Drive to achieve impactful results (1)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (1)
Candidates are requested to upload a copy of their certificates.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.